Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Long time no blog

We have been keeping ourselves busy the last few weeks. When we booked our tickets to California in May, we accidentally booked the flight home for June 13. Instead of rebooking the flight, we just decided to take two trips down to California. It worked out perfectly because we were at my parents' house at the same time as Megan, Scott, and Elle. This was the first time all of us had been together since Christmas 2010 and it was wonderful. We went paddle boarding in Dana Point Harbor, took a Sunday stroll at the Newport Beach Temple, celebrated Elle's third birthday, and even went to Sea World.

 


 

And the fun didn't stop there. When we got home, Nate and I got to be the Ma and Pa for a pioneer trek with the youth in our church.



All I have to say is that I would like to disagree with every person who says that this generation of teenagers is lazy and selfish and whatever other characteristic that implies our future is headed to hell in a handbasket. I was so impressed with all of the youth. They were kind and hardworking and patient and fun. Both Nate and I had a great time hanging out with them.

(Funny story: One of the girls told me that one of the teenage boys was asking about who I was--evidently he was interested ;) Then one of the moms asked Nate if he was on her son's ski team. It's like the Tuck Everlasting at our house. I'm just glad that we both seem to be stuck in the teenage years together. How weird would it be if Nate were mistaken for a teenager and I looked 30?)

Then on Saturday we got to go to the Draper temple with Nate's family because Hannah was going through for the first time. We only got to see them for a few hours, but we'll get to spend more time with them this weekend when Hannah and Josh tie the knot!

And hopefully after the wedding we'll be able to catch our breath and spend some lazy, hazy days of summer at the sno cone shack down the street.

8 comments:

Margaret said...

YOU TWO ARE ADORABLE!!! That trek picture looks like you're only bf/gf waiting to cross the plains together. It makes my heart warm.

Also, you make a cute penguin. Love all of these pics!

Shelby Kendall M. said...

Haha! I love the story about you two looking like teenagers. People think I'm still fifteen.. only, my husband does look a bit older than me! No one would guess without knowing our personalities that he ACTS like he's still fifteen and I seem MUCH more mature ;) hehe

tricia said...

Dang you look good on that paddle board!

Amanda S. said...

You totally pull off that hat, M.C. All these pictures are really cute! I love the Tuck Everlasting at our house phrase, haha.

Tolman Family said...

Love all the pictures! Looks like your summer's off to a great start already!

Alisha Erin said...

Hey MC--

I just got your message on fb. I actually am still in Utah until Thursday morning. We will be heading through Provo Wednesday night or Thursday morning on our way back to Arizona. Shoot me an email if you have time and want to get together!

Alisha

Shelby Kendall M. said...

I'm pretty sure it's time for another blog update! I miss checking your posts M.C.! I'm sure your summer has been keeping you very busy and in more interesting places than on a computer. Hope to read a post soon :)

Heather Lee said...

Time to blog again. I will admit I haven't been parusing (auto correct isn't jumping in. Sp?) parusing/looking at blogs in over a year. But I had to comment on looking 30 meaning you look old!!! I'm almost there sister! Miss you dearly. And always.