Friday, June 1, 2012

It's getting hot in here


Summer has officially arrived. The days are longer and I have made three visits to the sno cone shack. Life is good. 

This weekend I’m hoping to spend as much time in the sunshine as possible. Soak it all up. I'm finding it harder and harder to stay inside and work while the neighborhood kids are outside riding their bikes and basking in their freedom. They say beauty is wasted on the young, but I think it’s more like summer break is wasted on the young. I would give practically anything for three whole months of nothing but running through sprinklers, eating watermelon, and taking afternoon naps. I guess I’ll have to settle for some late night bike rides and a few quick getaways.  


This photo totally captures the feeling of summer. And of the times when I would sit and watch the surfers change out of their wet suits. Probably my favorite beach activity. I've always loved me a cute surfer boy, especially this one: 


Hope your weekend is full of sunshine + summertime.

2 comments:

Brenda said...

Love all your posts! Can't wait to see you tomorrow night!

Margaret said...

Hope you're enjoying the coast again! That picture is so idyllic.