Tuesday, May 1, 2012

All the other kids with the pumped up kicks

 I have wanted a pair of Nikes for a while now and last week Nate found these. 
I was so excited that I actually fell asleep in them on Friday night.

This Saturday we are planning on having a garage sale with some of our neighbors. I have used it as a deadline for spring cleaning. (Does anyone else need deadlines for things like that? I will never finish a task if it doesn't have a deadline.) On the agenda for today is cleaning out my closet.

It's times like these when I really miss my college roommates. It's no fun at all going through my closet all by myself. I love how my friends would always come up with ideas for new ways to wear my clothes. And you just can't ever totally trust your own judgment. I thought about trying things on and then posting photos to Instagram to get feedback, but it just wouldn't be the same. 

I guess I'll just turn up the tunes and do my best. Any suggestions for me? Have you found a way to make it more bearable when you're flying solo? Anyone interested in coming over and joining me for a fashion show of M.C.'s closet?

7 comments:

Margaret said...

Sweet shoes. I would have expected the title "Cleaning out my Closet" by Eminem to be more appropriate for your post. But maybe that wasn't what he was referring to?

annie leavitt said...

i remember having roommate fashion withdrawals too. it was a difficult adjustment. now i just am super brave and try whatever i fancy. i know that the hit and miss ratio is a lot higher using this method, but it's my only option : )

Brenda said...

I would be happy to come over, but, as you know, as a grandma of 6, I am hopelessly out of fashion - but I am a good organizer! Do it in sections if you hate it!

amanda said...

I'll come help! Just let me know...

Heather Lee said...

Oh I wld have loved to join you. I remember once in high school or jr high, I had a friend help clean out my closet, funny thing is when I went to her house they were all in her closet (they were supposed to go to her little sis). Made me second guess having a second opinion on what's "out of style." I was just thinking last night how I need to spring clean my closet and H's. Need to clear some space.

Heather Lee said...

Oh and I totally need deadlines. Or to buy something new tat I want everything to look perfect for.

Heather Lee said...

Oh and I totally need deadlines. Or to buy something new tat I want everything to look perfect for.