Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Put a ring on it

I am so excited about how this shower turned out. This last weekend, my friend Ayumi and I threw a bridal shower for our friend Andrea. We all became friends my junior year of college. There's just something about the friends you make in college--you always have this special connection. Andrea is getting married the first week in June and I couldn't be more excited for her.

I'm lucky  because Ayumi is a graphic designer and so she did the invitations and banner. When she showed me the banner, I about died. I think we all know about my love for creative uses of song lyrics, but Ayumi's twist on it made it that much better. It was definitely my favorite part of the shower.  



 
I have to say something about the cupcakes. I am not a cupcake fan. I mean, I like cupcakes, but I don't love cupcakes. My sister and I are always disagreeing about this because she is a total cupcake lover. That being said, these cupcakes may have made me a cupcake convert. It's Ina Garten's recipe. I made half the recipe without coconut so we had some variety--a dozen vanilla and a dozen coconut. The last few weeks Nate and I have been restricting our sugar intake so I had to take the extras to neighbors right after the shower, but I did try one of each flavor. They were completely worth the sugar. Just try not to think about the six(!) sticks of butter you use. 

6 comments:

Amanda S. said...

Wow, everything looks beautiful! Great job. You sure do know how to throw a party. Also, Ina Garten's recipes are SO BUTTERY all the time and thus always guaranteed to be delicious. And super unhealthy. I wish I could feel good about eating her stuff.

Margaret said...

You are incredible! These pics belong in a magazine!

I want to divorce and remarry Tony now so I can have a bridal shower at your house. That would also allow us to finally switch over our health benefits. A lower deductible would of course be necessary after eating those cupcakes.

tricia said...

Dang Gina! Look at that fancy shower you threw! You should quit your job and do shower-throwing full time.

Brenda said...

You're always throwing a shower and I can see why - you do a great job! I too, have made Ina Garten's fabulous coconut cake and it is to die for - with lots of butter!!!

johnny & ashley said...

Truly, that's why buttercream is so good! I love love love your cupcake toppers. I will be copying you!

Glo said...

Love this!! it looks so pretty!