Tuesday, February 28, 2012

You can't do this with an e-reader

It's no secret that I'd take a bookcase full of books over an e-reader any day of the week. But I'm not so much opposed to e-readers as I'm in favor of books. Maybe someday I'll be an e-reader convert, but for the time being I'm happy with my stacks of books.

I enjoy any time my love for books is shared. At the Academy Awards this year, The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Lessmore took the Oscar for Best Animated Short. I hadn't seen it, or even heard of it, but I looked it up and it's actually quite adorable.

It's a pretty simple animated film. I love the symbolism of people changing from black and white to color as they read (there are definitely a few references to The Wizard of Oz). And the personification of the books is just fabulous. And I loved the idea of how books connect ideas and stories of generations. Well you'll just have to watch for yourself...


2 comments:

Lauren Kay said...

Oh my gosh I wanted this movie to win soooooo bad! I wanted to cry after watching it I loved it so much. Thanks for posting because I wanted to see it again!

Margaret said...

I also like e-readers, but the image of that scene in Beauty and the Beast of Belle on a ladder sliding down an empty bookcase with one Nook on the shelf is pretty pathetic.