Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Love Fest, Day 1



One of my favorite things to do for Valentine's Day is to make a playlist of fun love songs--kinda like how Christmas music gets you in the mood for the holidays. I usually pick out a few all-time favorite songs and then add a lot of current songs (I tend to make them upbeat and nothing too sappy). I turn up the tunes and before I know it I'm dancing around my kitchen.

But the music isn't the best part. Remember the mix CD? I know that we all have our iPods and Pandora that basically make CDs irrelevant, but there's something nostalgic about it. I love when I find one years later and the music immediately takes me back to when it was made.

And just for fun, I have created a fun CD sleeve.Go download it here.


Simply print it out. I recommend cardstock, but any paper will do.


Next: Cut. It. Out. (Thank you Uncle Joey.)


Fold along the dotted lines.
 

Glue the tops of the tabs and press the sides together. 
(Don't feel bad if you can't find your glue stick; staples and tape work, too.)


Slide in the fabulous CD you burned. 


Finally, use the back of the CD sleeve to write your personal mix. 

Need some song inspiration? 
Here's what my playlist looks like this year: 
Everybody, Ingrid Michaelson
We Found Love, Rihanna
Moves Like Jagger, Maroon 5
Pumped Up Kicks, Foster the People
Rolling in the Deep, Adele
Oh It Is Love, Never Shout Never
Mine, Taylor Swift
The Man Who Can't Be Moved, The Script
Good Life, One Republic
Start Me Up/Livin' On a Prayer, Glee


6 comments:

Brenda said...

Thanks for the great music ideas - I love new music and I needed some!

Nate said...

Hope that one is for me :)

Angela Olson said...

Love it, girl! And totally just printed it off! Good idea! I'm excited for what's to come...!-Angela O

Joanna Galbraith said...

What a cute idea!!!! I am really looking forward to your ideas each day! Three cheers that January is over!!

Bridget Soell said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bridget Soell said...

M.C.~ I L-O-V-E your creativeness! I can see that your heart is filled with love, what fun ways to show it! I'll be checking back to see what other love inspired ideas you have! Love you! Bridget