Tuesday, January 31, 2012

where is the love?

We are two weeks out from my favorite holiday: Valentine's Day. I have posted about my love for this holiday in past years (here and here). And before some of you start complaining about how Hallmark created Valentine's Day or how it should really be called single awareness day, just hear me out.

Valentine's day is the best excuse to eat chocolate and watch chick flicks and get creative and most importantly, let those around you know how much you love them. 


And just to prove to you how awesome Valentine's Day can be, I've come up with two weeks' worth of valentine ideas to help spread the love. Nothing fancy--they are simple, easy ideas. Most of them are free (or really inexpensive). In fact, you could do most of them with things laying around your house right now.

{And just to be clear, I'm not talking about things that are laying around at Martha Stewart's house. This is coming from someone who has moments where she can't find a glue stick at her house.}

It's going to be delightful. And delicious. And de-lovely.

10 comments:

Margaret said...

I volunteer to do a guest post on how to stuff your face with the most amount of comfort food in one sitting.

Meg said...

I'm a skeptic. Always have been. Maybe won't always be? This series could change Valentine's Day forever for me. I'm waiting with bated breath.

Ashley said...

Seriously, MC. You are my inspiration for this holiday. I remember a while ago you posted about how into Vday your family gets and it made me want to celebrate way more than I do. This year I too am incorporating a lot more into February. Can't wait for your posts!

Alisha Erin said...

excited!!

jbroclayto said...

Woot! Can't wait

Danny & Desirae Sommers said...

I admit I loath valentines day. Maybe it has to do with my loathing for winter, but I have had great v-days and you have inspired me to try to think of it as a day to show love for each other. I will try that. You have inspired me!

Amanda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amanda said...

(That comment didn't make any sense due to some serious typos that were words themselves. Let me try again: ) Yay! I'm excited. I've been trying to think of some fun ideas the last few days. I'm ready to be inspired by yours. :)

Brenda said...

You are so funny! I have a V-day post that I am going to do, probably next week, it will probably be very different from yours... (You young, cute thing)

Halie said...

Its Halie from Nauvoo. I love these ideas. I hope I can do some of them!