Thursday, December 15, 2011

holiday hoopla

Presents wrapped. Decorations up. Christmas cards sent.

This is our tree. I'm completely obsessed. People keep telling me how pretty it looks from our front window and I can't help but agree. So glad I waited patiently for the after-Christmas sale at Target three years ago.

Does anyone else feel like they are just running around in circles the minute the Christmas season begins? I don't know why it's even that busy for us. It's all good stuff so I really can't complain. Every year I say I'm going to be more on top of things, but every year I'm scrambling to finish up all the details.

So you know how there are those people who are always going on and on about playing Christmas music at Halloween? I never understood it. I thought I loved Christmas music as much as the next person, but I also believe there can be too much of a good thing. Then, all of the sudden, this year I get it. I believe! Christmas music is the best. I play it when I'm getting ready. I play it when I'm cleaning the house. I play it when I'm working. I play it when I'm driving. I play it all the livelong day. And I'm not sick of it yet.

With Nate in young mens, I get to make some fun treats for the boys fairly regularly. Teenage boys are the best crowd to cook for--they really love food. Last week I made these peppermint Rice Krispie treats.


 {btw--told you I was obsessed with Instagram}

Nate had to stop the boys from eating mine! (Not that that really says anything about how good they are. Like I said, teenage boys love food. They eat just about anything)

Try making a batch. You won't regret it. (And I couldn't find peppermint marshmallows so I just put peppermint extract in and they tasted awesome.) Seriously easy and seriously good. Just make sure you have a holiday shindig to take them to or you'll end up eating the entire pan. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing. I just thought I should warn you.


6 comments:

lindsay b. said...

SUCH a pretty tree. I love the word ornaments. I seriously can't believe Christmas is in 10 days--unreal.

Margaret said...

I want to dress up like a young man again and eat all of your rice krispy treats. Nate wouldn't be able to notice, right? Asians blend in real well in Provo.

Also, your house is so stinkin' cute it makes me sick in the nicest way possible.

Ashley said...

yes, love the tree. Please don't stop reading my blog! Skinny jeans area all I wear which is why I was so weirded out by BYUI! Truly, please don't feel bad!

Merry Christmas :)

Amanda said...

I made those for a Christmas open house and they were great! I loved that they were holidayish but so easy and cheap to prepare. Just FYI for anyone else who's interested, I found the peppermint marshmallows at Walmart but couldn't find them anywhere else.

Meg said...

Ahhh, those rice crispies look amazing!! Love your tree. Wish we could drink some hot cocoa next to it together. love your face:)

Stephanie and Brett said...

So fun! Love the tree and love instagram! I hope you and Nate have a great Christmas!