Tuesday, October 25, 2011

last friday night

Nate and I (mostly me) have been wanting to have a fun party at our house ever since we moved in. Finally we decided to throw a big Halloween bash. We invited cousins, some new friends from our ward, and a few other close friends.

And can we just take a moment to appreciate the fact that I have so many photographs of this event? They aren't necessarily works of art, but at least we don't just have to rely on my word that it actually happened.

Get ready for picture overload...


The Invite





The Costume Contest Winners-- by a landslide
Iron Man and Justin Bieber (Everyone kept asking if that was Nate's real hair?!?!

The Ladies (I was Selena Gomez--I know all the Bieber fans out there are jealous.)
Just Dance
The Haunted House Decorating Station
Haunted House Decorating
And More Decorating
The Fruits of Their Labors

So Scary...or Pretty :)




I found this little guy the next day while I was cleaning up. I seriously thought it was a giant spider or some other creature. Turned out to be just a stray mustache. :)

My cute boy helping set up for the festivities.


So I wanted to do a photo booth so that we would have pictures of everyone at the party. I asked my friend Shalynna for the how-to (she had done one at her son's bday last year). She gave me the idea of using our MacBook rather than a camera--so genius! 


But Nate had to take it a step further . . .


Yes, we had an actual green screen. We are legit. (I need to post the pictures that were the result of this little photo booth, but they deserve their own post.)

In fact, we are so legit that Justin Bieber actually performed at our party. For your personal enjoyment...





15 comments:

Holly said...

That looks like so much fun! I love the gingerbread--er, rather, haunted, sorry--houses and the skulls on the water bottles. You're so creative. And the cupcakes look sooo good. My new life aspiration is to somehow, sometime, throw a party as cool as this one. Thanks for being my hero.

Heather Lee said...

very jealous. So many great ideas executed to perfection. And it might have just been my computer but it looked like Zombie Justin Bieber performing. I really enjoyed some of the "oh"'s coming from the room. Looks like you guys knew how to host a good time.

Jeff said...

Looks like an awesome party! Granted I am a little behind on my Bieber knowledge, but it looked to me like Nate busted out Blue Steel a few times during that performance. Next years costume?

Margaret said...

You are way too cool! These ideas are so awesome. Why aren't you heading the party planning committee here at work? We need your ingenuity!

Also, you guys are cuter than the Biebs and Selena Gomez. Just sayin'.

Amanda S. said...

How fun! I love the misfortune teller! Actually, everything was pretty impressive. I bet it was a blast!

Amanda said...

So, so, so fun! It seems like you had it all—the decorations, the food, the fun. Way to throw an awesome party!

David and Shalynna said...

Oh my goodness it is amazing! Every single detail is perfect- misfortune teller! So clever! Green screen? You definitely out did us on that one. :) The only thing I didn't like about this post is that I didn't get to see bigger pictures of your darling house! I'm green with envy. It is adorable.

Nate is awesome at the piano.

Ty, Steph, & Bristol said...

So fun! What a bash!

tricia said...

You two through a good party! I nominate you hosts many more!

Meg said...

looks so fun... i wish we could have been there... maybe i was... maybe that was my stray mustache:) i've been totally out of commission with this nasty cold. i'll call you tomorrow so i can hear all the details. love you lots.

Joanna Galbraith said...

Okay, your decorations are SOO great!! You're one of those people who throws amazing parties, aren't you?

Also, is that a white iPhone 4s I see? Do you have instagram??

Brenda said...

Looks like fun - love the decor and the invites!

Stephanie and Brett said...

Seriously sooo amazing!! I love you guys! LOVED the costume idea!

Hannah Frank said...

Your house turned out adorable!! Good job with the decor!

amanda said...

AAAHAHAHAHA!!! I was wondering where that mustache went!