Monday, September 19, 2011

you drive me crazy

Before the game--I was trying to think positively.
To say that BYU lost is an understatement. It's like those boys got out on the field and absolutely lost their minds. It was so painful to watch. Can we just not talk about it?

On the long walk home from the game, I told Nate that he opened me up to a whole new world of pain when he started me watching BYU football. (I always went to the games when I was in school, but mostly for the Cougar tails--amazing.) Those cougars kill me.

And here I am talking about them when I said I wasn't going to. Do any of you do that? Nate will bring something up and I'll say, "I just don't want to talk about it." Then it's ALL I can talk about.

So besides football, life has been pretty good lately. I've kinda become obsessed with our ward. I have to admit that I was nervous about having my neighbors also be my ward members. I've never really been one to like having people involved in all aspects of my life. But I'm actually loving it. Our little ward/neighborhood kinda has a Gilmore Girl-Stars Hollow feel going on. Neighbors come drop off vegetables from their gardens and we swap recipes and we run into each other when we are out on walks and we have Sunday dinners together and last night we were even invited to a CandyLand luau. I'm not sure how those two fit together, but I think it's genius. Any way, we just really lucked out with our ward.

This weekend Nate and I (mostly Nate) finished a few projects around the house that we have been putting off for months. Makes me so happy. We tend to work in fits and starts when it comes to home projects, but getting something done just seems to give us more inspiration and motivation. (The only thing we really lack at this point is money.) I really love our home. I love the vibe. I love when people walk in and say how much they love the way it feels. (I think that is why I never post pictures--I am not a good enough photographer to capture the "feel.") Now if I could only tackle the yard. At this point I am just going with the fact that it will be covered in snow in no time. Ugh. That thought makes me cringe. Luckily for me it's only fall. I love everything about the fall--food, holidays (including my birthday and our anniversary), football, and great television. I think this year fall should just continue right on through the winter!

Well that's enough rambling for a Monday morning. There are too many things on my to do list that I need to get to. But at least I can check off blogging. ;)

6 comments:

Margaret said...

At least you and Nate look cute. That lessens the pain a bit. I have gained at least 20 pounds from all the brownies I ate at 11:00 p.m. on Saturday. You should definitely try that coping mechanism. The game is a thing of the past now. The weight isn't.

SARIE said...

tragic. There are no words to explain what happened. And the worst part is that Utah didn't even do anything great, they only scored when we handed it to them. :(

Brenda said...

I heard about the sad game. Glad to hear you're enjoying fixing stuff up around the house - a favorite of mine too - although I am currently not particularly motivated myself. See you soon!

Alisha Erin said...

well *I* wish you posted pictures!! i need inspiration!

ynny said...

haha- amen to Margaret for the emotional eating after the game comment, and amen to Alisha who wants to see even crappy pictures of your house! I've been to your pre-Nate, Santa B apartment. I know the magical feel of places you live. I can make do with just a few pics. Love you!

b said...

you get prettier and prettier all the time-- seriously! Glad you're loving Utah! If you're ever craving a trip to Chicago you have a place to stay! =) --Ang