Friday, September 16, 2011

boys of fall

BYU and the UofU play tomorrow and guess who is going? That's right: yours truly! We have a BYU flag hanging in our front yard and I bought a new BYU shirt. (I figured it's about time--I'm in the same jersey in every football game photo for the last five years.)

I have never actually been to a BYU v. UofU game before. They have always been on Thanksgiving weekend and most of the time I haven't been in P-town. I'm a little nervous about it to tell you the truth. I have heard too many stories about crazy fans (from both sides). And BYU hasn't exactly been stellar so far this year. I'm not counting on a big victory or anything, but I can't help but get my hopes up.Those cougars will get me every time!

Of course, if we do lose I know I can come home to this guy:

That would be Coach Taylor. Yes, Nate and I are on our second round of watching Friday Night Lights. And yes, it's even better the second time around.

Have a fabulous weekend--and hopefully a big W for the Cougs!

2 comments:

Cara said...

Have fun and I hope BYU kills the U!!! We went to the USC/Utah game last week and it was great to see the U lose!!!! Watch out for those mean Ute fans!!!!!!

Passelly said...

Jeff and I were sitting in the middle of the MUSS in 2006 when BYU beat Utah on the last play "the answered prayer". It was awesome, especially since were the only BYU fans in that whole section of the stadium. Other than us yelling hysterically, you could hear a pin drop. We nearly got killed on the way out but it was totally worth it! Hopefully the game isn't as close today.