Monday, July 25, 2011

mixing metaphors

Both Kristin and Heather pointed out that I got the metaphor wrong yet again in my last post. (And that's why Kristin is a journalist and I'm not--I've always been terrible at checking the facts.)

Of course, I still like my version better. Selling ice to an Eskimo? I picture some dude with a bag of ice from 7-11. Selling an igloo to an Eskimo? I picture an adorable little family with a toddler and one on the way. They are all in matching parkas checking out a quaint little igloo with an iceberg view. My metaphor provides such better imagery.

And I think we are missing the whole point of the post--which is that Nate is very talented.

Speaking of talent, we saw Captain America this weekend (Nate and I have been spending a lot of Saturday afternoons at the movies lately and I'm loving it). After the credits there was a trailer for The Avengers next summer. Guess who will be in it? 


Summer 2012 cannot come fast enough.

2 comments:

Margaret said...

Don't worry. You'd be able to sell an igloo to all of us here and back East. Just don't offer home buyer's insurance. :)

Heather Lee said...

eh, I say you say. I liked the igloo metaphore. Like you couldn't sell them an igloo even though it'd be highly useful to have a shelter in the middle of an iceland. So even then they'd rather freeze than buy an igloo from you. It makes sense.

I usually prefer the M.C. spin on things.