Monday, April 25, 2011

livin on a prayer

Yesterday my cell phone may have gone off in the middle of church--at an extremely inappropriate moment. And it may have taken me an eternity to find my phone in my purse and silence the ringer.

Luckily my ringtone right now is "Livin on a Prayer." (So much better than "Dirty Little Secret" or "Paparazzi" like it's been in the past.) At least "Livin on a Prayer" has a good message. You know, "Cause we gotta hold on to what we got; doesn't make a difference if we make it or not. We got eachother and that's a lot."

A guy actually came up to me after the meeting and asked what song it was. I think he was touched by the message. Or maybe that is what I am telling myself to keep from dying from embarrassment.

6 comments:

Meredith said...

I really wish it was me that was calling. Point for that person!

Holly said...

I think I'd like more information here. For example, Nate's reaction? Was he dying of mortification right next to you, or was he snickering and adding to the general disturbance?

Margaret said...

You should have told that guy that it was Hymn 307 or something just to throw him off his game and stop everyone from judging you. Say that MoTab has a better version of it.

Holly said...

I love that Nate pretended not to know you! Haha, like anyone at church would believe that--unless is was stake conference or something where no one knew you.

You should totally get a CRV! We loved ours--it was so reliable and comfortable. I think you'd really like it.

Ashley said...

That seriously is the worst feeling. Especially when you hear it and think, "Why is that person's phone on?" then you realize it is your own.

Terril Family said...

Oh my goodness! This totally made me laugh!

It was so good to see you last week even if it was just for a few minutes. The girls are still carrying their baskets around... Thank you again. Love you guys!