Thursday, December 16, 2010

It's beginning (or continuing) to feel a lot like Christmas



I'm sure most of you have seen this already, but I really loved this talk from the Christmas devotional. As we were sitting on the couch watching it, it felt almost as if President Monson was in our home sharing a story. I really appreciate his great love for literature and how it influences all of his messages. This season I have been reading A Christmas Carol. Dickens is probably my favorite author of all time, but I had forgotten how truly inspiring it is to read the words from Dickens himself--that man had such an inviting way of expressing the world. (Of course if it comes to movies, then A Muppet Christmas Carol is the only way to go.)

I hope you are all having fun preparing for the holidays. I know I have had a lot of fun this season. I've loved getting to decorate our home for Christmas for the first time. I'm obsessed with our tree--nothing has made me this happy in a long time. I really want to post a picture of it. Can you hold me responsible for that post? You are all so good about getting on my case when I don't post.

And just in case you were wondering, I am actually posting this at 3:15 am. I can't sleep. As in I still haven't fallen asleep for the night yet. I've always been a pro at sleeping so I'm not sure what this is about lately. Maybe too many things on my mind. Or maybe I'm just too excited about Christmas--only nine sleeps until Christmas day!

2 comments:

Margaret said...

You are either an insomniac or love Christmas way too much. I can just imagine you staking out the Christmas tree all night, waiting for something eventful to happen presents-wise under the tree. ;)

Yes, please post pictures. Martha Stewart needs more inspiration after seeing your Thanksgiving decor.

Brenda said...

Can't wait to see the tree pics. Hope you don't fall asleep at quilt night tonight!