Monday, May 3, 2010

What has become the monthly blog...

I have been reprimanded for my lack of blogging by several individuals. I'm not really apologetic, seeing as how this is my blog to do with as I please. Still, since you are all sitting on the edges of your seats dying to know what is going on in our lives, I will appease the masses (or the three of you who read this blog). I'm sure after reading this post you will wonder why you ever cared in the first place :)

Currently there are only two television programs that are worthy of my viewing. (Do not misinterpret this statement to mean that I only view two television programs weekly, for this is not the case. I simply mean, that of the hours upon hours of dvring that I do each week, I only feel that the following two programs are actually worth my time.)


Modern Family -- this show has me rolling every week. I can't even describe it. The casting was so well done it drives me crazy. Plus, the set design and wardrobe are awesome.

9 by Design -- So there are very few shows on Bravo that I actually don't like, but this show is even more amazing than usual. I go back and forth with whether I think the mom is amazing or insane. I've settled on fascinating. The dad is a complete tool, but whatever. And the kids. Oh their names! With names like these they could start the next Partridge family: Talulah, Breaker, Five, Major, Bellame, Holly (for a boy), and Wolfie. And I did all of that from memory.

Besides my new found television programs, I've been reading up a storm. I'm kinda funny with the way I read. I go through phases. Sometimes I've got like five books going simultaneously; other times I don't even have one. My biggest problem is with finding good books to read. But, my friend Sarah introduced me to goodreads.com and it upped my appetite for books. (Plus Nate has been spending more time with D. Will than with me, so I needed some distraction.) In the last two weeks, I have read In Defense of Food, Freakonomics, Gift from the Sea, and I am working on Under the Tuscan Sun (which is proving to be a disappointment). I am just trying to get through Under the Tuscan Sun so I can start A Tree Grows in Brooklyn (and then A Room of One's Own once it is available at the library-- I have it reserved). Oh how I love the library. It is seriously like heaven to me. I come out of there with my arms loaded like little Matilda.

If you haven't noticed, most of these activities are inside and sedentary... that is because the weather here has been awful. No other word for it. Full of snow and rain and cloudy days. It's making me go a little stir crazy. That is why I am grateful for my good friend Jillian (as in Jillian Michaels). I have been doing the 30-day shred and it's amazing. I pretty much want to kill Jillian by the end of every workout, and thanks to her, I now I have the strength to do it. Haha. But really, I've never had any tone or definition in my arms until her workout. I've done 30 days now (although it took me a little longer than 30 days because I only did the workouts about 5 days a week). I will probably have to start doing other workouts, but it was a good way to get back into the groove of working out. Oh, and Jillian, stop working out so much-- you are starting to look like a man. Your good friend, M.C.

I have many other thoughts right now. Too many. I have come up with quite a few excuses as to why I refuse to post pictures of our house, but it basically comes down to the fact that I don't want to. However, I would love to have you come visit. You can sleep on our guest "mattress," help yourself to anything in our fridge, and put your feet up on our coffee table/ottoman. And while you're here, feel free to snap some pictures and post it on your blog. I do love our home. It's starting to actually feel like our home. I just have an aversion to photographs for some reason. I need to get over this before we decide to have children. From blogs of mothers, it seems that pictures are an important part of childhood. Maybe I'll just have my sister around more because she takes amazing pictures of her little girl. How do you do it, Megan?

She won't be answering that for a while. She's vacationing in Florida. And then moving to California. Yes, she and her family are moving back to California. Where snow is not welcome. Can you sense my jealousy?

I do have one funny story for you. A few weeks ago, I was having a "girl" day. You know, where you are emotional and crazy and really have no reason for it? Nate was trying to be patient, which just ended up annoying me more. Finally, in a moment of pure craziness, I told him he wasn't my best friend. Even as the words escaped my mouth, I knew they weren't true. Who tells her husband he's not her best friend? I mean obviously Nate is my best friend. (Unless Taylor Swift would like to take the position. Then you're out, Nate. Sorry.) Luckily Nate has a pretty good sense of humor when it comes to things like this and it's become a joke around here.

The end.

5 comments:

Brenda said...

Loved hearing what's up with you these days. I LOVE Modern Family too (Stay-at-home-dad/trophy wife) hahahahhahahah.
I'll have to check out that other show. I just read "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn" for our Book Group and really enjoyed it.

Passelly said...

Jeff just read your post and says that you and I are basically the same person. I have a love/hate relationship with Jillian Michaels too. I love how her workouts make me feel after the fact, but while actually working out I want to kill her. Same thing with the book thing...by the way have you read the Hunger Games?

Meg said...

So, I love Modern Family too. But, I haven't been a very faithful viewer. I need to catch up. They're hilarious.

Meg said...

I want to do Jillian's workouts. I loved reading your blog much more than if there had been pictures. It made me laugh. Did you like "In Defense of Food?" Can't wait to talk about it with you. Wish you were here to help me pack and organize. You are so much better at that than I am. Elle misses you. I just put up vacay pics.... you'll have to check out your best friend under the age of 20... that way she's not intruding on Uncle G's territory:)

Sarah C. said...

You'll have to fight me for Taylor's friendship. I don't have a husband, though, so I think I've already got one up on you. Bring it, M.C., bring it.

We will read A Tree Grows in Brooklyn together! And it will be very precious of us!