Monday, March 1, 2010

Moving on up...

I can't believe it has been an entire month since I posted last! Where does the time go? I'll tell you where it goes: ripping down walls, laying our flooring, painting walls, moving electrical, putting up baseboards, installing our appliances, sweeping and sweeping and sweeping and sweeping the never-ending dust, and so many other things that I can't even remember (because I choose not to) .

So many nights Nate and I would look at each other at 1 in the morning and not know what to say. By day we worked our normal 40-hour, demanding jobs; and by night our lives became episodes off of DIY Network. There were moments when I seriously questioned if it would ever look like a house again... but the good news is that it does! We are all moved in (I use that term loosely because there are still lots of boxes to be opened and organized) and we are loving our home.

I know, I know. No pictures. Who am I? Honestly? I actually found our camera's charger buried in the bottom of a box on Saturday night (which is why I hadn't posted pictures), but it is at home and I am not. I promise pictures soon...

{although I think it's much better in-person, so that is an invitation for all of you to come visit}

I guess I do have one picture for you today. One of my wedding photographer's claimed that I looked like Nicole Richie and I never agreed. And then my mom told me that someone told her recently how much we look alike, but still I didn't agree... until I saw this picture:

I'm actually starting to see it. Of course my boy is a lot cuter than hers.

My friend Heather sent me a picture of a model that looks just like Nate. The resemblance is crazy. I seriously had to look twice. See for yourself:


My mom said she also saw Nate surfing in Australia in a magazine recently. I guess while we were busy working on our house, our dopplegangers were at least enjoying themselves.

Be back soon with pictures! xoxo, M.C.

11 comments:

Brenda said...

Can't wait to see the new place! Now you just have to photoshop those pics of your look-alikes together!

Danny & Desirae Sommers said...

I am so excited for you!!

Meg said...

How awesome are dopelgangers... that made me laugh out loud... otherwise known as lol. We're on the countdown!

Katie said...

cant wait to see pictures!!

Glo said...

Yes, dying to see your place and so jealous that you have a house!! also, that is the best picture of Nicole Richie i have ever seen, and yes (in that picture) i can see the resemblance! Hope all is well for you guys!

Passelly said...

I cant wait to see pics of your new house! I remember your room in OA was just adorable and Im sure your new house will be as well.
PS- there is a guy on American Idol that looks a lot like Nate!

Heather Lee said...

you would use the word doppelganger. I see someone else picked up on the ghostly resemblance of Alex Lambert (passelly). I guess Holland's eye is very keen on Nate.

Alex Ferguson said...

excuse me nicole, ya that's freaky. also how is that not nate?... it is him, i'm convinced.

Sarah C. said...

Updating once a month isn't going to cut it for me. You've been warned.

Amanda Nemelka said...

You DO look like Nicole Richie. Never would have thought of it myself, but now that I see it...WOW!

Deanna said...

I gave birth to him, and I'm pretty sure that was Nate in that picture.I'm excited to see the renovations this weekend. Hope you're enjoying your visit with the Ferguson/Esecson girls. Love ya!