Friday, January 15, 2010

"they didn’t agree on much. in fact, they rarely agreed on anything. they fought all the time and they challenged each other everyday… but in spite of their differences, they had one important thing in common: they were crazy about each other." The Notebook

That is how I feel about Nate ... Well except for the fighting all the time. But we do challenge each other. And I am absolutely crazy about the kid. I'm missing him so much right now (he's traveling on work). Sometimes I wish he wasn't such a hard worker and we could just spend all day playing.

p.s. I know I am way late on this, but I rented Penelope while Nate has been gone and LOVED it! You should totally see it if you have been living under a rock like me for the last year and haven't seen it.

p.p.s (I haven't used a p.p.s in a really long time but...) I don't even know what to say about the earthquake in Haiti. The pictures make me want to sit down and cry. Events like that always make me step back and say, "Man my life looks pretty good right now." The news is always an interesting concept to me. On the one hand, it is so amazing that it can unite so many people to help others in the world. And then on the other hand, I always think about that Jack Johnson song lyric "Why don't the newscasters cry when they read about people who die?" The news almost desensitizes us to events like that because it brings it into our homes without really making us deal with it. We can change the channel and it all seems to go away. I don't really know where I'm going with this except that the Haitian people are in my thoughts and prayers.

No comments: