Saturday, January 9, 2010

House Hunters

Sooo Nate and I have been looking up and down for a new house to buy since we returned from our Christmas break. Last time we purchased a house I refused to put it on my blog because I didn't want to jinx it-- and that didn't work out very well. So this time I am shouting it from the rooftops: we bought a house! haha We are very excited about it. Nate did some fabulous haggling and I think it's quite a steal of a deal. Pretty much I am just excited about the walk-in closet and master bath (which I had all but given up on since we were looking at houses over 50 years old).

I have the whole thing decorated in my head... except I wake up every morning with a new plan. I've always been a little on the eclectic side so I guess that's okay. And it will probably stay decorated in my head for a while because I take forever to make purchase decisions. But you're all invited to a big house warming party when we finally move in -- even if you have to sit on cardboard boxes :)

By the way, congratulations are in order for Nate's cousin Shane and his wife-to-be, Becca. They are getting married this evening and we couldn't be happier for them!


4 comments:

Glo said...

I am so excited for you guys!! I can't wait to see pictures and I am so jealous that you get to have your very own first house! congrats!

Brenda said...

That's great news about the house! Can't wait to check it out! Pretty excited about Shane and Becca too.

Kaela Cusack said...

wahoo! where's it at? what's it like? i'm coming for work in March-i'd love to see you :)

Krista said...

ok so did the other house not work out? where is this one at?