Monday, January 4, 2010

Hello 2010!

I'm not really a new years resolution type of girl. I can never muster up the motivation I need during the bleakness of January. If it's up to me, I make my resolutions in April on the threshold of spring. That is when I seem to naturally want to change. Why fight it?

The other day I told Nate I was sad we had missed being in a new house for the big holidays, and I was going to be especially sad if we missed Valentine's Day. He said he loved that I consider Valentine's Day "one of the big holidays." I'm already preparing. It's going to be good this year.

And I've decided it's okay we missed Christmas because I got an amazing white tree at Target's after Christmas sale for 75% off. I {almost} set it up when I got home, but decided to save the fun for next year. Only 355 days to go!

You know when you get to the point on your to do list where it's everything that you have put off doing because you don't want to do it? That's the point I'm at today. I need something fun on my list like going to try all the flavors at Hello Yogurt or finding a new pair of earrings at Forever21. Paying bills and grocery shopping just aren't cutting it. Maybe if I'm good and get everything done I'll let myself spend the evening at Barnes and Noble.

Here's to a new year with the old me!

1 comment:

Brenda said...

I am actually feeling a little like cleaning out closets and making a BIG D.I. run, always a favorite!