Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Conversations with the Husband

Sunday
Me: So I was thinking that I want to paint all of the walls in our new house white.
Nate: Nah. I don't think that would look very good.

Monday
Me: So I was thinking that I want to buy a swinging chair* to hang in our new house.
Nate: That's awesome! (Then proceeds to begin looking up prices for swinging chairs)

A husband who doesn't want white walls but is okay with furniture hanging from the ceilings? I definitely found the right guy for me.

*A "swinging chair" simply refers to a chair that swings from the ceiling. I am in no way referring to an alternative lifestyle choice.

p.s. I really want to post pictures, but I don't have any. Let's just say it's a brick rambler in northeast Provo... it doesn't really require a lot of imagination :) I promise to post pictures as soon as I possibly can, but that probably won't be for another week or so.

7 comments:

Amanda Nemelka said...

Congrats on the house thing. I hope it works out. We'll both be loners here starting tomorrow. Good luck. As for the decorating. I'm jealous. I've lived here almost 3 years and still no visions of decor. I need help.

trudy...{and jamo} said...

Congrats on your new house!!!!!!!
That is so exciting! I love thinking about decorating. Have you heard of tumblrs? they are kind of like blogs, but my friends and i just put pictures of them. you should check them out, I think you would love it.I love putting pictures that inspire me on it. It is such a fun way to keep my "inspirations" together

I got my mom tweezerman tweezers for Christmas, i NEED to get myself some. they are amazing!

Brenda said...

Tweezerman tweezers are the best! So exciting about your new house! My parents have an actual playground swing in their living room for the great-grandbabies when they come to visit.

Heather Lee said...

*comment referring to post on January 4th "Hello 2010"

of course you want to be in a new house by Valentine's day...I'm sure it would be pretty cramped to fulfill all that the holiday entails under Grandma's roof.

Heather Lee said...

*comment referring to post made on December 4th "Greetings from Grandma Sommers' Basement"

It's better than your husband telling you that Kelly Clarkson's song "My Life Would Suck Without You" is perfect for your theme song. (just take a listen...now that's a real crazy girl she's talking about in that song) and I was privileged enough to have Steve think of me while he heard those sweet lyrics.

Heather Lee said...

hopefully he missed this line:
"Being with you is so dysfunctional"

Heather Lee said...

*comment referring to post made on September 14th "I love Taylor Swift"

I really think Kanye says it best
"I'm a monster, I'm a maven
I know this world is changin'
Never gave in, never gave up
I'm the only thing I'm afraid of"

He's A'MAZE'IN