Tuesday, December 8, 2009

I woke up this morning and realized that my post from yesterday didn't make any sense. I told you all about the dish breaking and then never explained why that was significant. Actually I did, but I didn't like that paragraph and so I deleted it with the intention of rewriting it. Only I didn't. I just pressed "Publish Post" and went along my merry way. Haha. Can we blame it on the snow? That white stuff does funny things to a California girl like me.

So what I meant to say was that I broke glasses because I wash so many dishes. It's inevitable. Kinda like life. Nate and I have lots of goals and plans that we are working on so it's inevitable that some of them aren't going to work out. We could just make no plans, but that really isn't our style. Eventually if you set goals and work toward them, things work out.

Kinda like the quote by President Hinckley:

Things work out, it isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out, don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It will all work out. If you do your best, it will all work out. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in him, if we will pray to him, if we will live worthy of his blessings, he will hear our prayers.

So we'll see what happens. I know whatever happens will be awesome.

4 comments:

Danny & Desirae Sommers said...

I agree with you and need more faith. I know I must be unworthy somehow, but I will keep trying. Life is funny with it's twists and turns!

Keep moving forward! Keep having faith!

Meg said...

I love that Pesident Hinckley quote. I'm not a stitcher but that definitely is worthy of a stitched pillow:) I have that fire and ice song on cd.... she's a box of Christmas lights... so good. Oh I think Scott purposely breaks glasses and dishes so he doesn't have to do them... good thing he too can clean a good bathroom. can't wait to see you next week. we are going to have so much fun!

flatlander said...

I agree with your friend, i'm not a stitcher either but that is a stitch worthy quote. its always been one of my favorites, i remember when i heard that quote of his, i wrote it down on several different sticky notes and put them in different places around my house .. i still have those old stickies .. and i love them and their reminder to me ... i sure loved that man ... and i always just have to hope that he's right about that!

krista said...

hey can i get your address