Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Village Inn-diot

So last night I really wanted a piece of pie. I love pie. More than cake or any other dessert, in fact. We had a lot of stuff we needed to get done, but Nate and I decided to live a little and head over to Village Inn. (I'd like to apologize in advance to the Steeles for not inviting them; it was very last minute.)

So we walk in and the only people we see are two girls sitting in a booth. Then I look in the back of the restaurant and there is a man eating straight from a pie tin in the corner. After a minute or two, he sees us and walks over (after stashing the pie tin under the counter).

He takes us to our seats and hands us two menus. After everything he says, he adds the phrase "Suh-weet!" Once we sit down, I realize that I really want something more than pie. When I ask for the California skillet with no Hollandaise sauce, he says "Hold the holly." And after we finish our order, he promises, "I'll get that to you, or die trying." Now that is commitment in a server.

And he did get us our order-- and even "scored" us some extra pancakes. Needless to say, we left him a 25% tip. Glad I didn't let the pie-eating in the corner put me off. I guess I just understand the love of a good pie.

2 comments:

Brenda said...

Hee Hee Hee. We always call it "The Villiage Idiot". We do enjoy it also.

Alex Ferguson said...

hahahahaha that is so funny. i wish i could have been there with you i love me a funny server.