Monday, October 12, 2009

Party in the U.S.A.

So I'm no Hannah Montana fan, but for some reason I just love Miley's new song "Party in the U.S.A." It's catchy and it's easy for me to remember all of the words. I need to invite some girlfriends over so we can rock out to it because I don't really think that is Nate's thing (thank goodness).

Well it has been a party for the last few days (hence the lack of bloggage). October 4th through the 11th is Ferguson girl birthday week. That was good planning on my parent's part. I was telling Megan that I have a hard time remembering birthdays because growing up I only had to remember my own and then I remembered my mom's and sister's birthdays, too. Made life much easier. The funny thing is, both of my closest friends share the same birthday. I wonder if that was a subconscious choice on my part ;)

As far as birthdays go, this was a good one. Nate spoiled me. He surprised me with one of those big standing mirrors that I have wanted FOREVER! He even tied a big pink bow around it. Then we went to dinner at CPK and I got to go shopping with some birthday $$$. I just love gift cards because they take away all of the guilt associated with spending money.

And as if that wasn't enough, the next day we flew down to California where I spent every spare moment with this girl:
I couldn't get enough... even at 4 a.m. My sister said that Nate and I are lucky because we have such cute nieces and can be pretty confident that we will have cute children. I'm thinking that maybe it would be a good thing if our kids aren't as cute as Elle and Macy because I just can't say no to their adorable little faces.

And speaking of birthdays, our friends the Powells had a little boy on my birthday (and he weighed the same as me too!). His name is Slater Kent Powell and we got to go see him in the hospital. He was so adorable and so sweet. Nothing like a brand new baby!

And last but not least, I got bangs! (Maybe that is the least.) My friend Rachel moved away and left me without a hair stylist. I tried to make an appointment with my friend Katie for when I went to California, but you have to book her like six months in advance. Then right before I went home, Megan texted and told me that she and my mom had gotten me an appointment with Katie!!! I was so excited. And ever since we saw 500 days of Summer, Nate has been telling me how cute he thinks I would look with bangs. So what the boy wants, the boy gets :) I don't think I'm as cute as Zoey Deschanel, but I'm not completely unfortunate looking (name that movie!)

That is all the news for now. Nate and I are currently trying to come up with some Halloween costumes. So far I want Iron Man/Pepper Potts or David Beckham/Posh Spice, but we're open to suggestions!

6 comments:

David and Shalynna said...

I was JUST thinking about you and wondering why you haven't posted recently.

Happy Birthday. See- I didn't even know it was in October and you ALWAYS remember mine (or at least the month :). I can't wait to see your bangs.

What a cute picture of your niece. She's beautiful!

Katie said...

happy belated birthday! Glad you had a fun day. And for those of us who don't get to see you in person, post a pic of your bangs! I have been contemplating getting mine cut too.

Passelly said...

Legally blond!

Happy Birthday!! I am so glad Nate spoiled you and you got to spend the day shopping!

Glo said...

I turn the radio up when that song comes on, guilty pleasure. glad your birthday was fab!!!

Ashley said...

Happy Birthday MC!!! I want to see a pic of your bangs! I bet they look awesome.

Meg said...

of course legally blonde and i'm still pulling for wild things/where the wild things are mix-up. love you