Monday, September 28, 2009

my life would suck without you.

So let me tell you a little story about a boy named Nate. He planned this wonderful trip for our anniversary. It was perfect. We stayed at one of the nicest hotels-- I took picture after picture of the decor in hopes that my future home will one day look like it (we're talking WAY in the future). It was so wonderful just laying by the pool all day long with nothing to do. There is nothing I love more than laying out by the pool relaxing. Nothing.

And while I was laying out by the pool I kept having this craving. For a day and a half it was all I could talk about. Every place we went to eat just didn't do it for me. So last night on the way home, Nate and I stopped for dinner. And I ordered the food I had been craving. I was BEYOND excited. I couldn't wait.

Then the server brought out our food and placed it right in front of me. I took one bite and put my fork down and stared at the food -- the food I had wanted SO badly. Nate looked at me and said, "You aren't hungry, are you?" Embarrassed I shook my head. And what did this boy do? Did he remind me I had begged him to take me out to eat? Nope. He simply asked for a to-go box. And as if that wasn't enough, he stopped at the gas station to pick up ice so that I didn't have to be afraid of eating it later. Which I did. And I LOVED it.

Moral of the story: Marry someone nice.

Nate is one of the nicest people I have ever met. It's not fake. He is sincerely as nice as he seems. I really thought that after living with him for a while I would find some hint of rudeness. But a year into this marriage and nothing. Sometimes I wish he weren't just so I could feel better about myself, but the truth is that I am really so grateful for his kindness. I love his sense of humor, how smart he is, his creativity, his good looks... but my favorite part about Nate is his kindness. I'm hoping it will eventually rub off on me ;)

Here are some fun pictures of our wonderful trip and of us eating our ceremonial wedding cake (fyi-- it doesn't taste that great a year later). We actually ended up shoving the cake in eachothers' faces... I had always wanted to do that but kinda think it's tacky at an actual wedding. Yes it was all over our kitchen and yes it was totally worth it :)








4 comments:

Danny & Desirae Sommers said...

Nate has always been my favorite. He IS genuinely a sweet caring person. I also want you to know that you are pretty awesome too. It has been a fun year getting to know you. You two are simply amazing people. Love ya

Brenda said...

So fun! What was the food you couldn't wait to eat??

Meg said...

So excited to see you guysnext week. I think Nate must have seen your tutu and asked himself where he could take you to wear it. Love the creative cake pic

Meg said...

Happy Anniversary!! What a fun trip. I might say I'm a little jealous. :)