Wednesday, September 30, 2009

and so it begins...

As of today, there is snow in the mountains. It won't be long until it makes its way down into our little valley. And this morning I woke up at 4 am from the crazy storm outside our window. This California girl is not too happy.

I'm not sure why, but all last winter I kept thinking it was "my last winter." I didn't have any promise of that, but for some reason I had come to that conclusion and it made it easier for me to get through those long (and ironically very short) winter days. I haven't mentally prepared myself for the cold that is waiting outside of my doorstep today.

The only thing that is making me feel okay about this situation is the pumpkin spice candle on my kitchen counter. It definitely makes my hibernation mode a little more enjoyable.

2 comments:

Brenda said...

Think of the fun cold weather fashion! The scarves, the gloves, the hats - you'll be darling all winter long!

Glo said...

the only way to survive the on coming of cold weather is to decorate for halloween (and then for christmas)...buying pumpkins just makes me happy! but i can completely relate, winter without a garage in Utah is not something to look forward to