Wednesday, August 12, 2009

tutu be or not tutu be


So last night I was over at Nate's cousins' house (which I guess is technically my cousins' house now?) studying for the good old GRE (you can't imagine how fun that was) when Brooke came home with new school clothes for Austin who is starting preschool here shortly. Can I just say how adorable these clothes were? Skirts and tights and cardigans. Austin is going to be a mini Blair Waldorf.

And I know this should make me want to have a little girl so I can dress her up... but it didn't. Do you know what it made me want to do? It's a little embarrassing because I have been wanting to do this for a while now-- ever since all the girls at church have been bringing their little chicklets in tutus. It made me want to go out and buy myself a tutu. How ridiculous is that? I have sincerely wanted one. I just think it looks like so much fun! What is more girlie and lovely than a tutu? I've thought about making one in black so it wouldn't be quite as crazy, but hot pink really speaks to me. I mean if you're going to wear a tutu, go big or go home, right?

Haha... like any of you would know since you are all very sane and probably haven't thought about tutus since you were four. You are also probably seriously considering deleting my blog from your blog roll because of my craziness. But it's the truth. So if you see me one of these days sporting a tutu, just know how happy I am and feel bad for Nate. The end.

6 comments:

Brenda said...

You are soooo funny - I think you should just do it for a lamp shade, like your pic, then, when no one is around, pop it on your cute self and wa-la! Instant ballerina!

iyouandme said...

Have i told you about this one time in NY when I was looking for a dress I could wear to Lindsay+Travis's wedding? I went to a flea market and found a dress where the skirt part was pretty much a tutu. It was gold and white and so pretty. And I seriously would have purchased it if it wasn't for my wise friends who told me the dress looked 4 sizes too big on me. So if everyone else deletes you from their blog friend list, I'll at least be here to be your friend.

Katie said...

hahaha. this cracks me up. i think you should do it. but if you do you must put a pic up so we can all see. you could totally pull the tutu off...and there is no way I would delete your blog. I love visiting it!

Ashley said...

Um..MC, call me and I will make one with you. I promise.

Hunter Family said...

Go for it! There is still a 'little girl' in all of us.

Katie said...

so, i must know...how has the tutu craving gone? Are you a proud owner yet?