Monday, August 24, 2009

Spontaneity is my middle name...

Except it's not. Like at all. I'm not a very flexible person. I'm okay with it and you should be too.

And so I don't know what got into me when last Friday I called Nate on my way home from work and told him I wanted to go to Dana Point Harbor (which is in California). We both wanted to, but agreed that it was too far for the weekend. That's when I said it... "We could drive down to your parents' tonight to go boating." An hour later we were in the car with nothing more than swimsuits, an ipod, and all of our dirty laundry (so I still had to be a little responsible and do some chores while I was down there).

It was such a fun weekend. Unfortunately in my moment of spontaneity I forgot my camera (see responsibility is good for something). So you will just have to imagine it when I say that I went wakeboarding and went out of the wake for the first time... it's a big deal for me considering this is only like the sixth time I've ever been. Ya, Nate says I'm a "cool wife."

On our way down we ate at Casablanca in Mesquite because I had been craving a shrimp cocktail. I don't recommend it. Luckily we made up for it because on Saturday we went out for Mike's birthday to Samurai 21, one of those hibachi restaurants. It was awesome and when the guy threw me the shrimp, I caught it in my mouth. Ya it was just a weekend full of accomplishments for me.

So we're back home now and it's unusually cold for August. We're just trying our very hardest to hang onto the last moments of summer.

3 comments:

Brenda said...

Sounds like fun. I am getting so excited for Autumn...

Meg said...

Way to go on the wakeboarding. That's awesome! As for the shrimp, that's even more awesome.

Mike Danielle and Macy said...

It was so fun seeing you guys! Cant wait to see you again in a few days!