Friday, August 21, 2009

{insert clever title here}

I'm too tired to come up with a title. I'm too tired to really come up with a post of my own. But I was reading Elder Nelson's talk "The Family: The Hope for the Future of Nations" and I came across a really cool quote. He said,

"Children teach us the joy of building goodness that will outlive our own."

I don't know why that hit me, but it did. I think so many of us want to consider ourselves influential and yet sometimes we look everywhere but our own home. Okay. I have to write it again,

"Children teach us the joy of building goodness that will outlive our own."

That's a really cool thought. Not just for parents, but for teachers and others who help take care of children. The other day I was talking to Megan and she said that having a little girl is like "growing her own best friend." I thought that was such a funny way to look at it, but it's so true. The older I get, the more I see of my parents in myself. I'm sure we all feel that way.

Alright. That's all I've got. Have a wonderful weekend, folks!

2 comments:

Meg said...

Thanks for leaving a stachtastic comment... I think we already knew that leaving Elle with Scott was a bit of a gamble. I like the quote. I think you can look at it from the opposite perspective as well... children bring your life an amazing goodness... not just the opportunity to instill goodness in them. I guess the parent/ child relationship is to encourage each other to be better symbiotically. Am I really leaving a comment on your blog at 4:30am?

David and Shalynna said...

Did you write this post especially for me? Thanks! :)

We are in California right now, but will be in Utah by the 31st. What should we do for our first official meet up????? I can't wait to see you!!!