Tuesday, August 11, 2009

I'm a changed woman...

Exhibit A: As we sat on top of the Y last night, Nate said, "It just boggles my mind that you have hiked this TWICE in the last week." I have always emphatically hated hiking. Like I can't remember too many hikes that didn't end with me spitting mad or crying. But for some reason I have wanted to hike the Y lately and have actually enjoyed myself. I think I just like being outside with Nate more than anything.

Exhibit B: On Sunday I drove us home from church. This wouldn't be too amazing considering I have been a licensed driver for the last eight years, BUT I drove Nate's car home, which is a stick. And he was on the phone the entire time so I did it all. by. myself. Proud moment.

Who knows what's next?!? Maybe I'll start taking my vitamins daily and finally learn to play the guitar. Then again, maybe not.

4 comments:

Brenda said...

I think you would be pretty cute "spitting mad". I'm proud of you for the stick shift thing! I learned in my 30's!

Mike Danielle and Macy said...

Did Nate tell you about the time he left after school and made me drive our stick shift car home? I had no choice and thats how I finally learned. YAY for you!

Meg said...

Two things I can't do-- drive a stick (automatic hard enough for me) and hike (never did the y... surprised they let me graduate).

Kaela Cusack said...

you're funny :)