Tuesday, August 4, 2009

1 - 800 - dentist

Last night Nate and I were headed up the canyon when I got a phone call from a number I didn't recognize. I NEVER answer numbers I don't know and it kinda drives Nate crazy. So I answered it to appease my husband. You will never guess who it was: my dentist!

Dentist: Hi! This is Dr. Christiansen. I was just calling to see how that filling I did for you last week was holding up. Is it giving you any problems?
Me: [in shock] ummm... no. It's doing great.
Dentist: I hope you weren't in too much pain after. If you do run into any problems, you can give me a call on this number. It's my personal cell.
Me: Ok. Thanks!

Have you ever had a dentist call at 7:30 at night to check in and make sure your filling was doing okay? He is the BEST dentist ever. Last year I pretty much had a breakdown when I had this completely terrible toothache and couldn't sleep or eat for three days straight. I went to another dentist and he didn't do anything for me. Then my boss recommended Dr. Craig Christiansen. Even though I wasn't an existing patient, he got me in that day and was so nice. Maybe I have had really bad luck with dentists in the past, but this office just goes above and beyond the normal call of duty for dentists, and their work is amazing. I have never had one problem after they have worked on me. Plus, they let you pick out a movie to watch with noise canceling headphones while they are working on you. If you live in Utah and need a dentist, you should definitely go to him. He's on 8th North in Orem.

I know this is the most random post, but I hate having to find good people in healthcare by trial and error so I figured I'd pass my good find along to all of you!

4 comments:

Katie said...

wow. he sounds fabulous. I am currently on a search for a good dentist. I wish you had a recommendation for someone out here. oh well. enjoy your movies and noise canceling headphones. that rocks.

Mike Danielle and Macy said...

I am so jealous! I would drive all the way up there just to find a good dentist as my luck has been pretty bad too. I am needing to go and have kept putting it off cause I dont know who to go to. Glad you had a good experience!

Kaela Cusack said...

i like my dentist too! especially cuz i can watch movies. but now I need one in Indiana. does youre sister have a good recommendation? :)

Deanna said...

Pretty amazing, but I have to tell you that our dentist calls to check in too. My brother had a tooth capped last week, and the dentist was so worried about how stoned Brian was on the laughing gas, that he actually called that night to check in on him. Apparently,during the procedure, Brian kept asking "where's my wife?", like a four-year-old whines for his momma.