Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Some thoughts for hump day...

Somedays I wish I were British and used words like brilliant, rubbish, and flat. It makes everyone sound so much more... er, what's the word? Brilliant?!?

I just found out that my first friend is pregnant. That sentence doesn't make sense. I guess what I mean to say is that the first person who is one of my close friends is pregnant. Does that help? I mean I know other people who are pregnant or have had babies... but this is the first time that one of my close friends is pregnant-- there we go! Congratulations David and Shalynna! I can't wait for you guys to move back here. I have this sneaking suspicion that Nate and David could be really good friends. If nothing else, they will at least bond over the crazy girlie antics of their wives. I have wanted Shalynna to move back FOREVER! She is one of my few friends that shares my love of entertaining. I think we are going to have a lovely dinner party this fall!

This afternoon I could not be happier. Only a few more hours of work and then it's a 4-day weekend! That means I get to sleep in tomorrow morning, then go to Kneaders for all-you-can-eat French toast with the husband, and then we're off to... California. (Not Cali because I am actually from there.)

And as if a wonderful weekend getaway wasn't good enough, next week I am headed out to Indiana to see this adorable face:


It is so wonderful that all of these other people are having babies-- saves Nate and me a lot of trouble ;)

3 comments:

Brenda said...

I'm glad you are getting to go to Indiana to see that adorable baby!

David and Shalynna said...

What a sweet post. Thanks for the shout out! You are going to be Auntie M.C. Or should it be Auntie Mary?

I have a feeling Nate and David will get along great as well. They both seem like they have similar attributes- like being the best husband, etc. :)

That picture of Elle is adorable! I love her little pose.

Meg said...

Elle and I are beyond thrilled that you are going to be here so soon. Yeah for Gilmore GIrl dvds and pajama days! Have fun in 'California.'