Sunday, July 12, 2009

Guess Who's Back?

I'm back again! I spent the whole trip missing my sweet husband and now that I'm home I miss little Elle so much! I fell pretty hard for that sweet little girl. I love how much personality she already has. Megan and I couldn't stop laughing at all of her little facial expressions. The pictures are of her one month birthday party we had. I wish I had one of those headbands for myself-- with feathers, jewels, animal print, and pink what more could a girl ask for?



I had so much fun hanging out with Megan, Elle, and Daphne (and Scott after work). Megan moved into her house like two months ago (yes when she was eight months pregnant) and it looks like something straight out of a Pottery Barn catalog. I so wish I were more on top of things like she is. She is also a fabulous mom. That little girl is so lucky.

Elle is a total snuggle bug. She just curls up on your chest and sleeps and sleeps and sleeps. She has great timing too. We went for a walk and Megan had her asleep in a Moby (those wraps that hold the baby against your chest). I kept talking about Elle, but she didn't wake up or anything. Then I jokingly said, "Elle is poor. She doesn't have any monies." Immediately she starts crying. It was so hilarious. (p.s. don't ask why I said that, it had something to do with the conversation we were having)

I also read Elle her first book. I took a child development class at BYU forever ago and the only thing I remember is that the teacher said that if you knew how crucial reading is to a child's development, you would read to them in the car on the way home from the hospital. So I read her The Very Hungry Caterpillar. I don't think she had any idea what was going on, but I thought it was fun!

I was glad to come home to Nate. I didn't sleep well a single night while I was away from him. He was late picking me up from the airport and you will never guess why: he ran out of gas! Not only did he run out of gas, but he did it in the exact same spot I did a few months ago. I busted up laughing when I called him and he told me. He said he thinks it happened so that he could have sympathy for me. He thought I was being a wimp, but now he says how long of a hill it was. HAHA! He did however show up with flowers and our apartment was sparkling clean when I arrived home and he made me lunch today that was amazing. I wish I had taken a picture because it looked beautiful! Alright... enough bragging about Nate ;)

I was also so excited to get to see all of my little rugrats in primary/nursery. I actually missed them a lot last Sunday when I was away. I am serving as the chorister in there and every week is an adventure. The best part of today was when I was leading the music and looked down to see a little two-year-old patting the jewels on my shoes. All of the leaders started cracking up.

I'm not someone that cries very often in church, but I have always said that my weakness is children and primary songs. When I would teach primary in our home ward, I would seriously cry every week when the kids would sing "We'll Bring the World His Truth" or "I'm Trying to Be Like Jesus." I'm not sure why, but it just gets me every time. Since our "primary" only has four kids over the age of three, we sing mostly "Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes" and "Snowman." In all honesty, I'm just happy if they aren't all screaming their heads off by the time I'm done. But we have a good time and their moms tell me that they come home singing the songs so something must be working :)

I loved seeing all my family over the last two weeks, but it is also so nice to be home. I'm hoping for some trips to Seven Peaks this week and some nice meals at home.

3 comments:

Brenda said...

Glad you're back, we missed you guys around here. That is hilarious - 1 month birthday with cake and everything - so cute!

Mike Danielle and Macy said...

Glad you had a nice trip! Elle sure is beautiful!

Meg said...

Can you please come back? What Not To Wears just aren't the same without you. I've been singing "snowman"' to Elle ever sine you reminded me of that little gem. Love you!