Monday, June 22, 2009

Happy {belated} Dad's Day



I'm a day late and a dollar short, but I hope that is more of a reflection on my blogging skills than on how much our dads mean to us!

Nate and I are so blessed to have such wonderful fathers. It seems like it is getting more and more rare these days to have a father who is committed to his family. Both of our dads are such wonderful examples of good, loving men.

In Sunday school yesterday, the teacher asked us to each share something about our dads that we loved. Nate said that he loved that his dad was always "cool" and willing to go skateboarding, snowboarding, or wakeboarding with him and his friends. I said that I loved that my dad never acted like he wished he had sons. He would take us shopping to pick out dresses, was always supportive of our dance recitals, and took us out on fun daddy-daughter dates.

Thank you for everything you have done for us and continue to do for us! We love you so much!

2 comments:

Meg said...

Great post. You look adorable on those skis next to your Dad. Too cute. :)

Meg said...

How funny! Yeah Becky is my older sister Katie's best friend from college. I lived with her my sophomore year of college. She probably already told you that though. :) What a small world!!