Wednesday, May 27, 2009

To answer everyone's question: yes, we will be staying in the Provo/Orem area for Nate's internship. Nate starts this coming Monday and we are very excited.

This last weekend we got to go down to Nate's parents' house in Logandale for his dad's birthday/Memorial day. We spent a lot of time boating, laying out by the pool, and eating some really good food. It was very relaxing and made it really hard to go back to work on Tuesday morning.

We're counting down the days to baby Elle's arrival-- three weeks to go according to the due date! We're anxious to see her cute little face, but we bet Megan is even more anxious!

Umm... so I couldn't let yesterday pass without mentioning that Prop 8 wasn't overturned! Yay! A vote of 6 to 1. I could hardly believe it. It's amazing as far as protecting marriage, but I think the protection of the vote and voice of of the people is even more FABULOUS! I feel so lucky to be an American. I get worked up over so many things sometimes, but I am so grateful to live in a country where we can have power and freedom-- Obama didn't come up with the ideas of "hope" and "change" ya know.

My friend Brooke went to Africa recently with her BYU MPA program. I have always had a special place in my heart for Africa even though I have never had the opportunity to go there. I have read and studied about the people and culture and for some reason I have always felt a connection. Listening to her talk about her experiences made me appreciate America even more. When we think of the things people in other places must endure, it makes it difficult to complain about everything we have been blessed with. We have so many opportunities, and even though things aren't perfect, the fact that we can look at the world around us and have the power to change things is such an incredible gift.

This evening Nate and I do not have one thing planned. I love that feeling. I'm crossing my fingers that it's warm enough to go on a nice long walk.

3 comments:

Meg said...

I felt the same way about the Prop 8 decision. Definitely surprised, but in a good way. :) Enjoy your walk tonight. :)

Brenda said...

Glad to hear you guys will be staying around. We wondered where you two were this weekend - we missed you.

Colby and Katie said...

Shoot. I was kind of hoping your internship would bring you out to Arkansas! I knew it was a long shot, but still worth hoping for. Congrats anyway. :)