Wednesday, April 29, 2009

spring cleaning...

Does the sunshine and semi-warm weather do strange things to any of you? I can seriously go all fall- and winter-long without even thinking about buying clothing, but with the sun comes some serious temptation. Even though summer clothing is considerably less bulky than winter clothing, my closet starts to overflow when I put away my cold weather duds in exchange for my sandals and sun dresses. I just love all of the bright colors exploding out of my closet doors!

This spring it's not just my desire to buy clothing that seems to be blooming-- all of the sudden I am wanting to decorate our apartment. The practical side of me is shouting, "You'll probably only live there a few more months and there is really no point in decorating because you'll still just have all of the ugly furniture that came with the apartment," but I can't help myself when I start looking through Pottery Barn catalogs and fun decorating blogs on the internet.

I found this home like six months ago. It belongs to Kathy Ireland and she did all of the decorating herself. I can't quite put my finger on why I am so obsessed with it. I normally love blues and greens and for things to look super clean and sophisticated and this house meets none of those requirements. However, I saved all of these photos to my desktop and I find myself looking through them all of the time at work. I could seriously move in and not touch a thing!







3 comments:

David and Shalynna said...

I'm a huge fan of that type of decorating too. I especially love the first photo with the Indian feel. I love Indian prints (my new baby bag that I bought for the future is called "Morning in Mumbai" :).

I have suffered two years living out here and having the constant craving of decorating a home. I go through phases of looking at Craig's list and Anthropologie's sale items for hours at a time.

Meg said...

Do you want to come finish decorating my house? I just want it to be done and feel like home now. One day until the big graduation. Good luck with your preparations for the party.. wish we were going to be there to celebrate!

Kaela Cusack said...

it's so cozy! i love it too :)