Wednesday, April 15, 2009

the calm after the storm...

Nate said I needed to do a "calm after the storm" post. However, from the looks of the weather outside, it doesn't seem like the storm is even close to being over. It's funny how every year we complain about how long winter is continuing to rear its ugly head in all of our springtime dreams. Year after year we all participate in the complaining. I think we just need to give in and officially change the first day of spring. And by the way, I have learned that there are people out there who actually like winter. I just can't even understand. No matter how hard I try I can't seem to get my little head wrapped around that one. Cannibalism, nudist colonies, the quill and sword club at BYU maybe... but actually enjoying winter? It boggles the mind.

The Jazz lost last night. I fell asleep and missed it, but Nate still was not very happy about it this morning when he woke up. I admire his loyalty. I'm just ready for baseball to start. I prefer games outside in the sun with a hot dog in one hand and a churro in the other to the glaring lights of basketball arenas (is that the correct term? it was between that and stadium and neither sounded very correct to me).

I wish I had something witty or wise or informative for you today. I might even settle for something resembling nostalgia. Unfortunately it's looking like nothing more than a boring Wednesday. Maybe there is a little calm after the storm after all...

4 comments:

Sarie said...

1. I love winter, and I hate spring ... I was so happy when the rain this morning turned to snow! haha I agree they should move the date.
2. the jazz losing was quite devastating because it crushed any last hopes of not being LAST in the region. :( I'm with nate
3. however, I am also with you ... I love baseball, and this year I am flying to other side of the country just to watch a few games! yay! utah needs to get a major league team--that would be amazing!

Brenda said...

I am one who enjoys Winter, but I love Spring too (and Fall - just not Summer). The snow is amazingly beautiful! The other thing is - it won't last, so maybe that's the difference with a Spring snow.

Kaela Cusack said...

stadium :) arenas sound like indoors to me.

i hear you on the weather. we didn't have power this morning, so i had to get ready in the dark!

Shea McGee said...

i love corresponding via blogs! so good to see you...come back soon!