Tuesday, March 24, 2009

the before picture...


So a few weeks ago I straightened my hair and I suddenly realized that I have let it get longer than it has ever been before-- I feel like Repunzel. Seriously. I have always been bothered by how it seems like Mormon girls get married with long beautiful hair and then chop it off the minute they get back from the honeymoon. I've never understood it.

Well I guess I went a little too far in the other direction. So this afternoon after workI get to go get my hair cut and I'm so excited! Partly for the new do and partly because I get to have Rachel cut it. When I was younger, I dreaded haircuts because I hated making conversation with the stylist... but when the stylist is one of your best friends, it's no problem! I feel like one of those old ladies that goes to the salon for her gossip. Of course, we usually don't get past our own lives by the time her next client arrives, so not too much gossip.

You'll have to check back later to see the results!

8 comments:

Kaela Cusack said...

lucky! i need a haircut too, and we had to reschedule. I can't wait to see! When can we all hang out next? Cason said he saw you guys the other day, but I missed ya!

Tolman Family said...

Wow, your hair is gorgeous! I wish I could get mine that long.

Colby and Katie said...

I was exactly the same as you...not understanding why everyone has long, beautiful hair for the wedding then chops it off. I too was in rebellion and realized my hair was getting so long it would get unmanageably tangled, so I cut 6 inches off! I am excited to see what you and Rachel come up with. :)

iyouandme said...

i just got mine trimmed too. I'm going to grow it out after this though.

Brenda said...

Can't wait to see it- although it is very beautiful "as is".

Meg said...

I know what you mean. I let my hair get way to long though, so I had to cut it (like a little below shoulder length). Your hair looks beautiful long though but I'm sure your hair would look really cute short too. You couldn't go wrong!

Passelly said...

I am one of those girls who cut all her hair off! I liked it at first but now I cant wait to grow it back out. I dont feel like myself with long hair. I cant wait to see pics of yours!

Colby and Katie said...

...still waiting to see it! PS, who is your second wedding photographer. I wanna check out her stuff!