Friday, March 27, 2009

and the after . . .

I know you have all been dying in anticipation so here's the pic:




Just kidding! Nate was having fun with Photoshop one day when I was contemplating getting bangs.

Ok so here's the real pic:

Once again it was taken dark and early before I left for work so I look super happy :) I'm loving having shorter hair again-- so much more manageable!

Alright. Now onto other thoughts. Is anyone else feeling completely over anything technological? I feel like my life has become nothing but incessant gmails, text messages, and facebook updates (and yes I recognize the irony that I am writing about this on a blog). And this twitter thing... it's all I hear about! I refuse to join. I am even considering canceling my facebook account but then I realize that there are several people who that is my main form of communication with them... and then I think to myself that if that is my main form of communication, do I really need to keep in touch? It's a dilemma. I mean how did people spend their time before computers and cell phones? It just seems so unnatural. I honestly feel like my ability to relate to people has decreased. It's scary.

Nate and I have really not been watching television lately and I've noticed a big difference. I think all of this technology gives me ADD and stress. The other day I saw a kid who was updating his facebook profile every hour or so on his iphone while his wife was IN LABOR!!! Is there really anyone that needs to know that badly? I seriously think this being so connected has made us very disconnected. Shouldn't he be more worried about his wife and his new son than his facebook status? Not that I'm not guilty of it. I've sat typing away on my laptop while my cute husband sits patiently in the other room. So maybe it's time to turn this thing off and disconnect so I can get reconnected ...

4 comments:

Jeff & Alisha said...

I agree with you...sometimes there is just way to much. And genealogically speaking, it's a pity that we don't write letters anymore and save them for our posterity. I just discovered a box with all the letters my grandfather sent my grandmother while they were engaged and married during WWII when he was in Europe. What a treasure!

And we don't have a tv. And that's a blessing.

Simone said...

MC get the bangs! You look super hot like a model with bangs! I cut some and it makes me look totally different, although the cut you got is cute! I love you! And I agree to about the technology stuff, if I haven't checked my email in a day I feel so overwhelmed at things I probably need to follow up on.

Kaela Cusack said...

i agree! my brother in law came to visit and he spent the WHOLE time on his laptop!!!

Meg said...

So your hair looks great but I kinda liked the bangs too. Nate needs to teach me some tricks on Photoshop. Scott and i don't have Facebook accounts because we just don't want one more thing to update. Plus, the whole accepting/ rejecting thing freaks me out a little bit. And I know this makes me sound so out of touch, but I don't understand Twitter. People can't possibly want to know what I'm doing all day. Where we part ways? TV... love my Gossip Girl, 24, Ugly Betty, and Dancing With The Stars.