Wednesday, February 11, 2009

What did you do this morning?



You didn't happen to make Valentines like us, did you? I can't remember the last time I had this much fun. Note to self: Next year buy feathers, lace, and glitter.

I told Nate I think I'm going to start "Craft time" every week. He was a pretty good sport about the Valentine making and even made me the best Valentine ever! However, he did inform me that our children have to have store-bought Valentines, otherwise they will be made fun of. I guess I'm okay with that...

First of all, we made a really big mess. And from the mess came these masterpieces:
This is the Valentine Nate made me. The picture doesn't do it justice, but it is pink and sparkly and girly...


And the inside is a pop-up!

Another one of Nate's creations:
And another pop-up!
Some of my creations:
One of the envelopes for our Valentines:

The front of the Valentine I made for Nate:


And the inside: The front says "You're my Valentine" instead of "Will you be my Valentine" because husbands are automatic Valentines :)
My personal best: (I would've given this one to Nate but it's too girly)

8 comments:

randy n michele said...

That is great, my girls and I always make our own valentines and they always give home made ones to there friends. Somtimes I wish they would let me buy there friends store bought ones (because of the mess) but they insist on making them every year. It is always fun to see what they come up with..

KellyB said...

WHAT THE?!?! Are you kidding me?! Your so CRAFTY!!! I wish I had all these traditions like YOU!! Sheesh!!

Des-n-Dan Sommers said...

You guys are so cute! I am sad I don't have time to be all creative and crafty! Have a Happy V-day

Rachel said...

WOW! M.C. those are AMAZING valentines. I honestly covet them...in a good way :)

Meg said...

I love your valentines and Nate has a hidden crafty side!! Hope you guys have a wonderful Valentine's Day!!!

Megan and Mike said...

your so dam crafty im jealous.. your valentines are sooo cute!

Ashley said...

MC, you have to have craft time-look how crafty you are! Also, I am in the same boat as you as far as what to do for V-day, hope it turns out well for you guys!

Brenda said...

Darling valentines! Thank you so much for the beautiful and tasty valentine cookies you guys dropped off! I have totally been craving baked goods and other things I can't have now because of a small remodeling project going on around here!