Monday, February 2, 2009

All summer in a day


When Nate informed me on Friday that he feels like he is becoming perma-cold I realized I needed to do something about it. So while he was hanging with the boys on Saturday afternoon, I ran out and got all of the makings of a bbq/picnic. I turned the heat up, changed into a summer dress, laid a blanket out in our living room, mixed up some koolaid, found some cricket sounds on the computer to listen to, and lit our On-the-Beach candle. When he got home, he changed into shorts and lit our bbq. I'm sure all of our neighbors thought he was crazy when they saw him outside (don't worry-- that is snow on the ground below him in that photo). We even made s'mores after enjoying our hot dogs and ended up watching Pirates of the Carribbean 1 and 2. Not quite the same as a warm summer day, but we definitely recommend it!

10 comments:

Michelle said...

You might be the cutest wife ever.

randy n michele said...

That is great!! I think I will try that with my family.

Brenda said...

You are so cute! What a fun idea!

Rachel DeFreese said...

....and that is why I love Mary Carol!

Lyndy said...

How cute. You do know how to keep things interesting.

Kaela Cusack said...

what a great little date idea!

Colby and Katie said...

wow. I don't think you guys could get any cuter. How do you come up with these ideas? I think I need wife training from you.

Ashley said...

haha, I love it. You are so creative :)

Tolman Family said...

Sounds like fun! Now in July you'll have to crank the AC and snuggle up with some hot cocoa!

iyouandme said...

You would. And I love it.