Thursday, November 20, 2008

White and Blue, GO B-Y-ZOO!!!


In our house (er, apartment) we bleed blue!!!

This Saturday marks the end of the BYU football season. It has been one exciting (*UCLA*), disheartening (*TCU*), and all-around memorable season. It all ends with the BYU v. utah game this Saturday, a game that if nothing else promises to advance the Cougar-Ute rivalry . It's going to be pretty exciting.

I spent my cheerleading years in high school cheering for a predominantly losing football team. Consequently, I can't help my reaction of the slightest hint of shock when MY team wins. I remember coming to BYU and just expecting to have a losing team. Boy have those cougars proved me wrong! As a BYU alum, I feel it is my duty to cheer on the cougars. It must be part of the Honor Code or something. So all of you other cougar fans, you better brush up on the fight song ("Rise and shout the cougars are out..."), make sure your blue and white paraphernalia is clean, and get ready for some football!!!

By the way, I told Nate my prediction for the game was 17-16 Cougars and he said that was interesting. After an explanation of football scoring, I have changed my prediction to 17-14. And yes I know I am being optimistic, but I can't help but have faith in our boys-- Let's go COUGARS!

1 comment:

Jeff and Passelly said...

I dont know if we will be able to see the game!!! Its only on the mountain and we dont get it!! :(