Tuesday, November 25, 2008

the first look photos

So my friend Shalynna lives in the Cayman Islands (yes, I'm jealous too) and she keeps bugging me to post pictures from the wedding since she obviously couldn't make it. I don't know why posting pictures from the wedding seems so overwhelming to me. Perhaps it's because blogspot takes forever to load those babies. I've decided I'm going to pick a different detail each day (hopefully daily) and post about it. Happy Shalynna?

I was really excited to get married in the temple, except for one thing: you don't get a picture of the groom when he sees the bride for the first time. I used to work for a wedding planner and we would always make sure the photographer took a "first look" picture. If any of you have seen 27 Dresses, you know what I'm talking about. Well I decided that Nate and I would meet a little early and have a fun little photo shoot. Here are the results:
Megan had to lead Nate through the orchard. Nate thought this was ridiculous, but he was a good sport. Megan said she would've worn something more flashy if she'd known she was going to be on camera.Open your eyes, Nate!
Even though you are getting married, you feel so awkward in front of the camera :)















So I stole Nate's longboard. He thought it was because I didn't want him riding it before the big day and getting hurt. That was definitely a perk, but the real reason was because I wanted him to have some fun pics. Rob Dyrdek and Ryan Sheckler would be proud.







3 comments:

David and Shalynna said...

YES I AM HAPPY! I love the pictures. I love your veil! I love the apple orchards. I've been seeing so many cute pictures there lately! Thank you!

KellyB said...

ok, why didnt I have YOU plan my wedding. You had SUCH CUTE ideas!! I love that. I wish I had done something more for Rog and I honestly cant even remember the first time Rog saw me in my dress... Our engagement was so short and rushed...

your pics are amazing by the way. I would probably have to say your pics are the best/cutest/gorgeous/unique/awesomest wedding pics I have EVER seen! No joke.

Brenda said...

Such fun pics!