Thursday, November 27, 2008

Gobble Gobble

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!! Okay... so quick question: who else knows the "Albuquerque Turkey" song? Nate had never heard it! That's ok... I had no problem performing it for him! We're headed over to his grandma's for our Thanksgiving feast and I'm making the yams-- my favorite! I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving! I'll leave you with the lyrics to "Albuquerque Turkey" so you all can enjoy!

(sung to the tune of "Clementine")
Albuquerque is a turkey
And he's feathered and he's fine
And he wobbles and he gobbles
and he's absolutely mine.
He's the best pet that you can get..
Better than a dog or cat.
He's my Albuquerque turkey
And I'm awfully proud of that.
He once told me , very frankly
he preferred to be my pet,
not the main course at my dinner,
and I told him not to fret.
And my Albuquerque turkey
is so happy in his bed,
'Cause for our Thanksgiving dinner...
We had *hamburgers* instead.

p.s. You can insert any food you want in the last line.

1 comment:

Meg said...

I can't believe that you posted Albuquerque Turkey. You aren't going to believe this but I sang the song to Scott this morning when we woke up... no lie. He was impressed/embarrassed by and for me:>