Friday, October 24, 2008

we did the monster mash



Halloween has officially arrived at our house. We carved pumpkins last night while we sipped on hot cider, and M.C. baked cinnamon sugar pumpkin seeds in the oven. Delicious! It was a lot of fun. One of us might have gotten a little too in to it, and spent 3 hours carving a pumpkin. We wanted to show off our finished products...

M.C. did the AMAZING pirate skull and crossbones, which was very intuitive considering an article I found in the newspaper this morning . Apparently the pirates are on the move and pirate attacks have surged by 75%. I showed it to M.C. and after reading it she said that she wishes it would've come up in the presidential debate. It's definitely a way bigger issue than the economy, taxes, or foreign policy. Could you imagine? "...Mr. Obama, sure you can bring new life to the nation's failing health care system, but let me ask you sir, what are you going to do about the pirates?" We started laughing out loud thinking about it!
As for my choice of what to carve into my pumpkin it was pretty simple because uh, well the truth is...I Am Iron Man.

Haha, we love it. Happy Halloween!

6 comments:

Paige said...

FUN! Carving pumpkins is what I want to do this weekend- i love it! Your pumpkins turned out awesome. To your comment MC- that would totally be fun if we lived by you...too bad we work in Salt Lake :) By the way we need to double or hang out sometime soon- & we want to see your place! Looks like you guys are having fun, talk to you later!

The Bentleys said...

WHAT THE?!!? Those look AMAZING!!

David and Shalynna said...

What a cute couple you are and I must say I do love how you two switch it up and take turns writing on the blog. David hates when I blog. In fact, for a while there I wasn't allowed to do it on Sundays!

Kaela Cusack said...

nice pumpkins!

Meg said...

Nate I had no idea that you were Iron Man... but now looking back all of the clues were there. And freshly baked pumpkin seeds? Those are super healthy for you. I wasn't really feeling the cleaning out portion of pumpkin carving this year and so I basically just bedazzled one with glitter. It would have been faster to clean out a pumpkin than clean up all the glitter. Glad that you guys are having fun being festive and please take some action against the pirate surge.

Cory N' Jenna said...

hey Nate I still need your mailing address. I would love to come back to Utah and hit up Brighton but I am getting a pass to Breckenridge so you should all come stay with us and we can take a week for just snowboarding..... man that would be fun.