Friday, October 17, 2008

Lasagna Recipe

On Sunday night Nate and I had dinner with two other couples from good old Santa B-- Katie and Colby and Mike and Megan. It was really fun to hangout and talk about our newly marriedness. The boys complained about us girls being bedhogs and us girls complained about how the boys can never tell us what they want to eat!

I decided to make lasagna because it's this really good and really easy recipe my mom gave me but it makes a lot so I don't get the chance to make it too often. Both girls wanted the recipe so I figured I'd post it here and the rest of you can enjoy it too! It's fun because you can make it ahead of time and freeze it or cook it and it's one of those things that tastes even better a few days later (if there's any left).

Ingredients:
1 8-oz package lasagna noodles
1 lb. ground round
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp. garlic salt
6 8oz. cans tomato sauce
1 8 oz. package of cream cheese
2 C sour cream (you can use light)
1 (16 oz package) shredded Mozarella cheese
8 green onions, minced
1/2 C grated Parmesan cheese


Directions:
Brown and drain the ground round. Add the minced garlic cloves, garlic salt, and tomato sauce. Cover and simmer on low for 20 minutes. Cook and drain the lasagna noodles. Pour a small amount of sauce on bottom of 9 x 13 dish. Spread 1/3 of the noodles over the sauce. Blend the cream cheese, sour cream, mozzarella, and green onions together. Spread 1/2 of the cheese mixture over the noodles. Top with some more meat sauce. Repeat layers with noodles, cheese, and sauce. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly around the edges.

*I like to cover with tin foil.

3 comments:

Colby and Katie said...

Thanks girl!! I am sure I will be making this one soon. It was soooo good. PS, i found your wedding pics on Haleys instaproofs site (sorry, borderline stalker...) and LOVED them! You guys are so photogenic!

Rachel DeFreese said...

I love this recipe, but which one is sour cream and which is cream cheese? I want to write it down

Meg said...

I love this recipe... it's so good for leftovers too.