Monday, October 6, 2008

happy (belated) birthday Megan!!!



We're back!!! So much to do and so much to report on, but first things first: Happy Birthday Megan! It was her birthday on Saturday, but Nate and I were still in Mexico on our honeymoon so I couldn't give her a birthday shoutout. Nate however did get to participate in a Ferguson family birthday tradition: calling and singing any birthday song on the phone. I have so many saved messages from past birthdays~~ let's just say us Fergusons aren't the most musically gifted.

It's been hard having Megan so far away, but she really is the most amazing sister. She basically single-handedly planned my entire wedding. I admire her so much-- her drive and ambition, her hilarious sense of humor, and the way she puts her heart into everything she does. She is the most loyal person I have ever met, and I'm really lucky to have her as a sister. I think one of my favorite things about her is that she cannot pass someone begging on the street without going and getting them something to eat. She seems to always feel others problems as if they are her own. I think that is such a great quality and something I really look up to in her!

Of course Megan isn't the only one with a birthday this week-- all of the Ferguson (or previously Ferguson) girls have birthdays this week! My mom, sister and I were all born within a week of each other-- different years of course! I love this week and I love that we are born just as the weather starts to turn to autumn! I always have pumpkin pie on my birthday to celebrate! It's hard this year because all three of us are across the country... but I'm sure we'll still manage to have a good time celebrating!

I know you wanna see wedding photos and they will be coming shortly! Everything about the wedding was perfect and our honeymoon was amazing. We are so happy! Thank you to everyone for all of your love and support!!! We love you!

7 comments:

Meg said...

I just got my birthday shout-out.... thank you so much. Your message with you and Nate singing is OF COURSE saved... I loves it. I hope you have a wonderful birthday and I hope some pumpkin pie makes it onto your plate... I kinda want some now. Anyway, can't wait to see more wedding/honeymoon pics... love your face!

Kaela Cusack said...

YAY! I can't wait to hear about your trip :) Girls night? Soon?

Brenda said...

That's great that you guys are back! Hope you had an amazing time - we love you both!

Annie said...

I hope you had a good b-day on the 7th! Don't worry the top of you're wedding cake is in my freezer, but it's all wrapped up so Joe and I haven't been tempted to eat it. Hope you had a fabulous time in Mexico, can't wait to hear about it. Love you!

P.S. You're wedding was amazing and you were the most beautiful bride!

Nate said...

Annie you should add me to your people that are allowed to read your blog, I'm always clicking through everyones blogs and then feel rejected when yours wont let me go to it :( nate.sommers@gmail.com

P.S. Thanks for your help at the wedding

Colby and Katie said...

so seriously, i check your blog like twice a day hoping that there are wedding/honeymoon pics! I am so excited to see them and hear about our trip! congrats again! married date soon??

krista said...

How was the honeymoon? we want to hang out...oh ya and let us know what you did not recieve and that you still need and we will get it for you since we have not given you a wedding present yet!