Tuesday, August 12, 2008

this man is in China... and so is my dress!

I'm so into blogging right now. I think it's a good way to distract me from the wedding frustrations... the biggest right now being my dress. It was supposed to be here last Saturday. I paid $100 extra to make sure it was here last Saturday. Every time I call to ask if it's in yet, they act annoyed. I just called and they said that everything from China is coming a little slower than normal. I said, "Well that is why I paid extra-- for your guarantee!" You know what she said to me? "Wouldn't it be nice if we could all go over to China to get what we want?" What? You are a business. This is what you do. In exchange for money, you provide a service. I guess it's like when I called to check on the invitations and the lady told me she didn't deal with customers. I said the number was the one they sent me in the confirmation email for customer service. If you don't deal with customers, who do you deal with? I'm wondering where I can find a job where I get paid to not do my job.

So let's hope Carmen (that's the name of my dress-- she should be coming from Spain instead of China if you ask me) gets here in the next few days so we can get me fitted and have me ready for my bridals by the talented Haley Ann Warner (with hair and makeup by Sarah Cowan) this next week! So exciting!!!

1 comment:

Meg said...

I'm glad I got your' something blue' as the handmade tag because I don't want your tag to say "Made In China." I'm so excited to meet the ever elusive Carmen.