Monday, August 11, 2008

A Piercing Issue

So as most of you know, I've never pierced my ears. It has to do with an irrational fear of needles I have. Well, my mom has been telling me that I should get them pierced so I can wear some pretty earrings on my wedding day. I thought she made a good point, but I've just kept putting it off.

Then the other day I was hanging out with my friend Andrea and we were really bored. I wanted to do something fun, but didn't know what. After wandering around the mall for a while, I decided I was going to get my ears pierced. I wanted to go somewhere good since I was so scared. We went to every jewelry store in the mall and none of them did piercing except for a little kiosk, Claire's, and Icing. My friend and I went to see who looked the most normal and we eventually decided the lady in Icing looked the most reputable. I was seriously so scared. They made me sign my life away and my friend was like "Um... are you okay? You look like you're sweating a lot." It was pretty funny.

I picked out some cute princess-cut fake diamond earrings and then I sat down and waited for the countdown. Andrea held my hand... and it didn't even hurt that bad! I was shocked! It was so spur of the moment that I decided to get my ears pierced that we didn't have a camera so unfortunately I didn't get any pictures. However, Andrea did treat me to TCBY after because I was so brave!

Now all I need to do is find some fun earrings for my wedding day :)

1 comment:

Meg said...

Stop it!! Stop it!! I couldn't be more shocked if you said that you had gotten a mohawk. Claire's is probably better than Dr. Jack's because one of my holes is still crooked. Congrats... big steps... marriage and pierced ears. Hilarious.