Friday, July 18, 2008

Stop! In the name of love

So the other night Nate and I went to see Baby Mama. (I definitely recommend it--completely hilarious.) It was after midnight when we got out and Nate kept running through all of these random stop signs in the parking lot. There was no one in the parking lot so it didn't really matter, but I started teasing him about running through them. He looks at me completely serious and says, "If they have a white border they are optional." I was like there is no such thing as an optional stop sign-- wouldn't they just put a yield sign? He looks at me like I am so dumb. I'm not always the smartest when it comes to driving so I started to just let it go (plus he was being soooo serious).

Finally I looked at him and said, "Really?" He just burst out laughing and told me he wanted me to run through a stop sign someday, get pulled over by a cop, and then try to explain how it was optional because there was a white border around it-- and by the way, all stop signs have white borders.

5 comments:

jeff & selly said...

Hey guys, this is jeff. I wanted to tell you congrats on your engagement! Im pleased that stop signs with white borders arent really optional, as I was quite frustrated thinking id been stopping all these years for nothing.

Meg said...

I didn't even know about white borders and i don't always stop... whoops. Hope you have fun this weekend and if you visit Indy we will have to do what we did this weekend... check out my blog... hilarious. Love ya!

chrisandkarim07 said...

Hey MC! I found your blog on Passelly's. I am so excited for you and Nate. I'm sure you are just counting down the days. Hang in there.
-Karim

Brenda said...

Love the Baby Mama movie! Love you guys. It was great to see you two at the shower today, you did a great job. Can't wait for the wedding.

David and Shalynna said...

Yay! You have a blog! I'm kidn of sad you took so long to tell me about it, but I guess you are forgiven since you are planning a wedding. I can't believe you are getting married in less than two months! Fall is my favorite season (especially in Utah) and I love even numbers, so you picked a perfect date! :) Wish I could be there. I'll email you my address soon. I have an idea... how about a honeymoon in Grand Cayman?